About Baer Engineering
Baer Engineering is a problem-solving company dedicated to excellence and committed to client satisfaction. Our interdisciplinary, employee-centric team comprises engineers, geologists, biologists, environmental scientists, archaeologists, industrial hygienists, and the like, who work collaboratively on a wide array of project types. Sustainability through responsible engineering of the built environment is Baer’s credo.
With a focus on environmental, industrial hygiene, and facilities engineering, typical projects could include assessment of environmental impacts for proposed project designs, site development permitting, stormwater and wastewater management, sustainable design development, assessments of Brownfields for re-use, subsurface investigations, building envelope evaluations, monitoring job site safety, and asbestos and lead surveys. Our clients range from local developers and industry to cities, counties, and federal agencies, such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This type of exposure is a great opportunity for an environmental professional to gain a variety of experiences that may not be offered in a large firm.
Job Opening - Professional Biologist
Baer Engineering & Environmental Consulting, Inc. has immediate openings in Austin for highly-motivated professional biologist with excellent project organization, writing, and communication skills. Applicants must possess degrees in biology or botany. Pay is commensurate with experience. This position is a hybrid position. Applicants must be able to be at jobsites and/or offices in the Austin area for fieldwork, meetings, training, and other duties.
Typical responsibilities might include, but are not limited to:
- Perform field investigations.
- Prepare preliminary investigations, plans, and technical reports including (but not limited to):
- TES Analysis
- USACE NWP PCN
- Build long term and effective relationships with clients and the Baer Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or botany
- Five years work experience in Biology or Environmental field preferred
Skills and Special Requirements:
- Ability to produce clear field notes for reference by team
- Ability to write clear and concise reports for clients with varying knowledge levels
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleges and clients in writing and in person
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks with competingdeadlines
- Applies a systems approach to evaluating habitat and possible project impacts for clients
- Knowledge of plant identification
- Knowledge of faunal species identification and life histories/habitat requirements (preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and the ability to research unfamiliar regulations
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and a list of representative projects or specific focus areas to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Insurance Coverage - Group health and dental insurance plans are 100% paid by the company for full-time employees, and coverage is available to families or full-time employees through a payroll deduction plan. The group health policy is currently provided through a Preferred Provider Organization(PPO). Short-term disability is available through AFLAC at the employee's expense.
401k Plan - Baer Engineering provides a 401k plan, available for participation by qualified employees. Our 401k is through John Hancock, where employees can manage their own funds through a wide variety of investing options.
Paid Personal Leave - Three weeks paid personal leave (PPL) is provided per year, starting from your date of hire. Increased PPL is provided after 5 years of service with the company.
Holidays - Baer Engineering has nine paid holidays per year for full-time employees, which include the usual holidays plus half-days on Christmas Eve and on New Year's Eve.
Tuition Reimbursement - With prior written approval from the CEO and a final grade of A or B, the company may reimburse all or part of tuition and books for college credits where courses directly correlate to your job position.