About Baer Engineering
Baer Engineering is a problem-solving company dedicated to excellence and committed to client satisfaction. Our interdisciplinary, employee-centric team comprises engineers, geologists, biologists, environmental scientists, archaeologists, industrial hygienists, and the like, who work collaboratively on a wide array of project types. Sustainability through responsible engineering of the built environment is Baer’s credo.
With a focus on environmental, industrial hygiene, and facilities engineering, typical projects could include assessment of environmental impacts for proposed project designs, site development permitting, stormwater and wastewater management, sustainable design development, assessments of Brownfields for re-use, subsurface investigations, building envelope evaluations, monitoring job site safety, and asbestos and lead surveys. Our clients range from local developers and industry to cities, counties, and federal agencies, such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This type of exposure is a great opportunity for an environmental professional to gain a variety of experiences that may not be offered in a large firm.
Environmental Permitting Specialist/Project Manager
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare environmental permitting application packages with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Manage environmental projects ranging from Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) to NEPA documentation, including study/project design, scheduling to meet deadline goals, allocating resources, collecting data, writing reports, and communicating with team members and clients.
- Assist clients with the interpretation of current local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assist clients with environmental permitting, compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Write reports pertaining to a variety of environmental services.
- Coordinate with USACE, USFWS, TPWD, TCEQ, TxDOT, and other regulatory agencies.
- Strive to build long term and effective relationships with clients and the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (Science or Engineering)
- 10-15 years of applicable work experience in Texas is preferred
- Must have completed and cleared five projects (NEPA and/or local government)
Skills and Special Requirements:
- Excellent writing skills. A part of your interview will be to write a short essay on a general topic to be selected by you at the time of your visit.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills.
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, and list of representative projects worked on to email@example.com.
Insurance Coverage - Group health and dental insurance plans are 100% paid by the company for full-time employees, and coverage is available to families or full-time employees through a payroll deduction plan. The group health policy is currently provided through a Preferred Provider Organization(PPO). Short-term disability is available through AFLAC at the employee's expense.
401k Plan - Baer Engineering provides a 401k plan, available for participation by qualified employees. Our 401k is through John Hancock, where employees can manage their own funds through a wide variety of investing options.
Paid Personal Leave - Three weeks paid personal leave (PPL) is provided per year, starting from your date of hire. Increased PPL is provided after 5 years of service with the company.
Holidays - Baer Engineering has nine paid holidays per year for full-time employees, which include the usual holidays plus half-days on Christmas Eve and on New Year's Eve.
Tuition Reimbursement - With prior written approval from the CEO and a final grade of A or B, the company may reimburse all or part of tuition and books for college credits where courses directly correlate to your job position.