About Baer Engineering
Baer Engineering is a problem-solving company dedicated to excellence and committed to client satisfaction. Our interdisciplinary, employee-centric team comprises engineers, geologists, biologists, environmental scientists, archaeologists, industrial hygienists, and the like, who work collaboratively on a wide array of project types. Sustainability through responsible engineering of the built environment is Baer’s credo.
With a focus on environmental, industrial hygiene, and facilities engineering, typical projects could include assessment of environmental impacts for proposed project designs, site development permitting, stormwater and wastewater management, sustainable design development, assessments of Brownfields for re-use, subsurface investigations, building envelope evaluations, monitoring job site safety, and asbestos and lead surveys. Our clients range from local developers and industry to cities, counties, and federal agencies, such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This type of exposure is a great opportunity for an environmental professional to gain a variety of experiences that may not be offered in a large firm.
Baer Engineering & Environmental Consulting, Inc. has an immediate opening for a motivated marketing coordinator with initiative and a cheerful outlook to support the company’s business development and marketing program. The marketing coordinator often has first contact with existing and potential clients, with the responsibility of making a good first impression. The ability to understand the types of services the company provides, describe them accurately to our clients, and building trust and long-term relationships with our clients is essential. This position supports marketing and business development for the environmental and industrial hygiene markets.
The marketing coordinator independently researches solicitations and collaborates with subconsultants, internal team members, and clients. Working toward a common goal with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists with different functional disciplines, the marketing coordinator is responsible for supporting strategic marketing activities and will be directly involved with development of marketing materials.
Typical activities include working with service line managers, project managers, and technical staff to develop statements of qualifications, formal proposals, interview and client development presentations, marketing brochures, and other business development materials. Statements of qualifications require development of technical staff resumes and project descriptions. Presentations require development of PowerPoint slide decks and posters. Marketing brochures and other business development materials require development of trifolds, website content, and informational materials suitable for posting on social media platforms.
Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills are key requirements for this position. The successful candidate will set priorities, juggle several concurrent tasks, and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment, without compromising the quality of the marketing materials.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and monitor various outlets to identify project opportunities, utilizing platforms including IMS, Electronic State Business Daily, GovWin, BidSync, owner sites, etc.
- Prepare marketing materials, including statements of qualifications in response to requests for qualifications (RFQ), formal proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFP), presentations, brochures, company announcements, and website and social media content.
- Coordinate/facilitate RFQ/RFP responses from initiation through final submission: analyze client’s stated requirements, attend pre-submittal/pre-response meetings, prepare response, and ensure compliance with the solicitation instructions.
- Interact with technical staff and subject matter experts to obtain the information needed to maintain staff resumes, project descriptions, and staff presentations.
- Track responses and submittals, including submissions and wins/no wins, and calculate the company’s hit rate.
- Develop graphics and write and edit marketing documents.
- Populate and maintain the data in Baer’s marketing system, with the aim of maintaining current project descriptions and staff resumes.
- Coordinate technical and marketing staff attendance at conferences and professional society meetings, and review and recommend levels of sponsorship for these events.
- Coordinate weekly marketing meetings.
- Coordinate and order company marketing collateral for handing out at conferences.
- Ensure company certifications (e.g., WBE, MBE, Green Builder, etc.) are current and renewed, with assistance from the Controller.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, library science, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; high-level proficiency in InDesign a requirement
- Organizational skills to prioritize tasks, set schedules, and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal skills both to work independently to support the team and also collaboratively as part of the team to secure contract wins
- Critical attention to detail in written and mindfulness in oral communications
- A positive attitude and personal commitment to Baer Engineering’s culture of teamwork and empathy
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, English, library science, or other closely related field
- Experience with proposal planning and coordination
- Experience with outbound and inbound marketing practices
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the A/E industry
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Insurance Coverage - Group health and dental insurance plans are 100% paid by the company for full-time employees, and coverage is available to families or full-time employees through a payroll deduction plan. The group health policy is currently provided through a Preferred Provider Organization(PPO). Short-term disability is available through AFLAC at the employee's expense.
401k Plan - Baer Engineering provides a 401k plan, available for participation by qualified employees. Our 401k is through John Hancock, where employees can manage their own funds through a wide variety of investing options.
Paid Personal Leave - Three weeks paid personal leave (PPL) is provided per year, starting from your date of hire. Increased PPL is provided after 5 years of service with the company.
Holidays - Baer Engineering has nine paid holidays per year for full-time employees, which include the usual holidays plus half-days on Christmas Eve and on New Year's Eve.
Tuition Reimbursement - With prior written approval from the CEO and a final grade of A or B, the company may reimburse all or part of tuition and books for college credits where courses directly correlate to your job position.